Thursday, October 14, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
you zoom in on this picture you will see a very
interesting and confusing situation. Oh Mary
how we all love you for this picture.
Trust and Confidence Games
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
A couple of my friends in my neighborhood are having birthdays this week and so I decided to make some cupcakes for them. As I was making the cupcakes I realized I didn't have any cute plates to put them on. I decided to run to target to see what they had and I found some darling plates. I decided to make them into cake stands and give them as gifts! There isn't a whole lot to them but I think they turned out pretty cute!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Summer Squash and Corn Chowder
- 2 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 pound frozen white and yellow baby corn kernels, thawed and divided
- 2 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add 1/2 cup onions, celery, and squash to drippings in pan; sauté 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Reserve 1 cup corn; set aside. Place the remaining corn and 1 cup milk in a blender; process until smooth. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups milk, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to blender; process just until combined. Add pureed mixture and reserved 1 cup corn to pan. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon bacon, 1 tablespoon remaining onions, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
I was watching Studio Five one morning and they were making these cute necklaces out of metal washers. I loved the necklace idea but even more than that I loved the cute fabric flowers that were pinned to some of the necklaces. I researched some blogs and finally found an instructional post on how to make the flowers.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I am in Arkansas now and I am soaking wet! I went for a walk in a comfortable 59 degree climate and after a 20 minute walk and an hour in Barnes and Noble I decided to make the trek back to my hotel. It looked pretty gray outside but I figured I could make the 20 minute walk back before the rains came. Uh.....I was wrong. Lets just say that It's a good thing I wear a padded bra! I pretty much look like I decided to take a shower with my clothes on.
Call it a perk or call it a curse; different time zones and different climates in just around 24 hours! I'm off to sit in the jacuzzi to warm my drenched body.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I'm in love with this new product by Essie. I love keeping my nails nicely polished and I am all about new and trendy colors. Having a "matte " finish on your nails is a big trend right now and Essie makes this top coat that turns any glossy color into a matte finish! It is so cool and works so fast. I think my favorite thing about it is that once you put it on it takes about 30 seconds to dry and then your good to go. You can touch your nails and not get any nicks!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
When I got done with that trip Case and I started babysitting for a family in our ward. We babysat from Friday the 8th to Saturday the 16th. It was a long week but the kids were darling and for the most part everything went really smoothly. Casey left for the annual Bacon Beaver Creek Ski Trip on Thursday so I had the kids for a few days by myself. I've decided I like parenting a whole lot better with a helper. :)
Saturday night after I left the McGees my mouth started hurting and I had a really bad headache. I woke up many times that night from a severe toothache. I took some ibuprofen and hoped it would get better fast. After suffering through church and another sleepless night I decided to call in sick to work and go to the Dentist. I haven't been to the dentist in many years (like 12....how horrible is that?) Needless to say things weren't exactly perfect in my mouth. Dr. Call decided to extract one of my wisdom teeth (the one giving me problems) right there on the spot. It was quite the experience. The tooth didn't want to come out and I was getting a little anxious. ( it is so not fun to be awake for that whole process) It came out finally and they sent me on my way! I am not feeling better though. My mouth is still killing me :( I'm sure it's just from all the digging around to get my tooth out. Man I am not a big fan of dental work.
I am sitting at home by myself in pain and missing my husband (he gets home tomorrow) So I am trying to keep myself busy so I don't think about the pain.
Here are the pictures I promised. They are just some of my favorites from Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are quite a few....sit back and enjoy!
Case and I eating at the Encore. He surprised me with a
fabulous room on the top floor of the Encore!