Tuesday, August 17, 2010

cupcakes and cakestands




A couple of my friends in my neighborhood are having birthdays this week and so I decided to make some cupcakes for them. As I was making the cupcakes I realized I didn't have any cute plates to put them on. I decided to run to target to see what they had and I found some darling plates. I decided to make them into cake stands and give them as gifts! There isn't a whole lot to them but I think they turned out pretty cute!

The cupcakes are banana bread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I just used my banana bread recipe and cooked them for 18 mins. ( my banana bread recipe can be found on one of my older posts from 2008) They are really moist and taste so delicious with the cream cheese frosting! One of my new favorite cupcakes!

4 comments:

Aimee Sommer said...

So after reading this post I can across this fun little cupcake idea and I thought you would enjoy it!! Its so cute!
http://according-to-kelly.com/2010/08/heaven-in-a-jar-how-to/

jen said...

I love the cake stand idea. I have been infatuated (sp?) with cake stands for a while. This could be the cure to my longing for some many cute ones!

KellySummer said...

so cute and so delicious sounding! how did you make the plates into stands? i want to do that. i have nothing cute to put anything foody on.

The Martin's said...

You are always so creative, we need to have a weekend of crafts. Miss you guys.