Wednesday, March 24, 2010

From sun to snow to torrential rain in less than a day....oh the joys of traveling the country

I enjoyed some fabulous pool time in Santa Barbara yesterday. I went out to the pool around 5 pm and enjoyed the 70+ degree warmth for a few glorious hours. Just over twelve hours later I touched down in Denver to nearly a foot of snow and temperatures in the twenties! What the what?

I am in Arkansas now and I am soaking wet! I went for a walk in a comfortable 59 degree climate and after a 20 minute walk and an hour in Barnes and Noble I decided to make the trek back to my hotel. It looked pretty gray outside but I figured I could make the 20 minute walk back before the rains came. Uh.....I was wrong. Lets just say that It's a good thing I wear a padded bra! I pretty much look like I decided to take a shower with my clothes on.

Call it a perk or call it a curse; different time zones and different climates in just around 24 hours! I'm off to sit in the jacuzzi to warm my drenched body.

5 comments:

Janet said...

That is crazy!! I don't know how you deal with all the time zones. I never adjust when I travel!

jen said...

well, at least there is always something new to look forward to! I loved your comment about pink lemonade. It does remind me of your mom. There are so many things that remind me of her and I'm always glad to have those memories. I'll send you the Macaroon recipe just as soon as my book arrives at my doorstep. Silly me, I forgot to write down the recipe before I took the book back to the library. It's a pretty easy recipe though and very delicious!

Andrea said...

what fun! definatly a perk.

The Quayles said...

Sounds familiar! I miss you!

Tonya said...

I am DYING for sunshine! We need to go swimming this summer!!