Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Tribute to Prince William


I came across this picture of a red eye tree frog and it made my heart a little sad for my deceased pet! Some of you may not have known this but I owned a red eye tree frog. His name was Prince William and I adored him. He was my first pet that was just mine and I was so excited the day I bought him at the pet store. The silly thing is I couldn't touch him. I was too afraid, but I loved him just the same. ( He was a jumpy little bugger) My roommate Beth was a little skeptical at first but soon she warmed to his nocturnal ways. He slept all day stuck to the wall of his terrarium in a little green blob! He was a fierce hunter! He ate live crickets! (yes I had to keep live crickets in my house in a little cage) Does this sound like my kind of pet? I actually loved watching him hunt the crickets. He was such an athlete. He liked my voice and would wake up when I got home from trips to say hello and then he'd go right back to sleep until nighttime. I miss you William. Hopefully life is fulfilling and joyous in froggy heaven!

2 comments:

ChrisandSara said...

Oh prince william! I do remember you frog although I only had a short time living in his presence. I found your blog from Lacey's blog. I love it! You looks so happy! Congrats on the wedding I heard that it was beautiful. FYI: I am going to add you to my blog, hope that's ok.

Andrea said...

who wouldn't love a red eye tree frog !?!