Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gratitude Attitude

Casey and I are speaking in church tomorrow and our topic is....can you guess? Yup it's gratitude and may I just say how wonderful it is to study and prepare a talk on gratitude? Ok so this time of year is full of giving thanks and of course I think about it and even write down some of the things I am thankful for but what a blessing (and wake up call) it has been to truly ponder gratitude and what it means. It is amazing to me how much joy comes from sitting down and counting your blessings! Having an attitude of gratitude is a way of life and it is contagious. When you are around someone who brims with gratitude doesn't it make you feel wonderful and so thankful yourself? Thank you to all of you for your posts on gratitude. It puts a smile on my face to read about what makes you all happy! I am thankful for....

cuddling in bed with Casey before we fall asleep
hot chocolate
kisses from babies
laughter
sunshine
the smell of winter time
soft cozy blankets
love notes
clean sheets
books
lipgloss
Christmas music in November....thank you cozy 106.5 (dont tell my husband)
sisters
anything miniature (aka tiny versions of bigger things)
pumpkin roll
tv on dvd

Just to name a few. And of course The Saviour and His atoning sacrifice for me. I love the gospel and I love the Lord! I am truly a blessed woman and am so thankful for all that I have!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

thanks for the great post! good luck on your talk - you will do great!

Jacobson Five said...

I thought you had given up on your blog forever. I had to speak as well, not on being thankful, but I'm just glad it is over.
By the way if you love kissing babies you are welcome to borrow mine.