Monday, August 29, 2011

Bacon Bit's Project Corner

I needed a wedding gift for my cousin Jordan and his beautiful wife Lori and had no idea what to get for them. I have a limited budget for gifts and so I racked my brain for ideas.

A few years ago my sister's friend made her a fun cake stand using a random decorative plate and a glass dessert cup. It was adorable! I decided to head to Hobby Lobby and see what I could come up with.

They had so many gorgeous plates and most of them were on sale for 50% off! After finding the perfect plate I went to the candlestick holder section and found the base for my creation. (also 50% off) I used Scotch brand maximum strength adhesive (I learned afterwards that E6000 is even better for this type of project) to glue it together and then finished it off with some fun ribbon.

Grand total for this project was $11.00! I love the way it turned out. It looks like something you would buy in a boutique and it was so easy to do!



2 comments: