Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Baby E

Life is so wonderful now that Baby E is in our lives. He is a happy, smiley, social baby and we can't get enough of him. He has blessed our lives and made us so happy. We are truly smitten with our silly baby boy.




Easton is a very strong baby. He is constantly wiggling and moving which makes holding him kind of tricky. He loves to lean his head all the way back when you are holding him so he can look around and check out the situation. He is not a snugly baby. Only with mom and only when he is super tired. He isn't fussy but he is stubborn and will let you know when he isn't digging the situation. When he is hungry he gets this really funny impatient little cough that will turn into a snort if I take too long. Sometimes I will take a little longer on purpose just so I can hear the snort. It's hilarious! ( I know I am a mean mother)




Some of Easton's favorites:
taking a bath (this is his most favorite thing to do)
soft blankets
his binky
being sung to and/or talked to
being on his back
his swing
being held like a football


Some of Easton's not so favorites:
sleeping
being in the car
loud noises
being swaddled
being hot


Easton does not like going to sleep. He would rather be awake and part of whatever is going on. He can be so super tired and basically catatonic but will fight to keep his eyes open at all costs. At night after nursing he will fall asleep in my arms but the second I put him down his eyes pop open and he wants to play. He gets me every time with his goofy little smile and his funny squeals. Its hard to be mad at him when he is so stinkin cute.

Easton just had his 2 month well check and is currently 12 lbs 11 oz and is 23 1/2 inches long. He definitely is growing nicely ;) He is starting to get too tall for his 0-3 month clothes which makes me so sad. He has lost his newborn look and is now such a cute little baby. He looks so much like his dad it's crazy. He basically is a mini Casey and I'm just fine with that. I happen to quite like the way Casey looks.

What an amazing thing to be a mother to such a wonderful sweet baby boy. I knew I would love being a momma but I had no idea how much.

2 comments:

KellySummer said...

I can't believe I still haven't met this little boy! I'm goign to be out of town until about september 5 but we need to meet for lunch or something somewhere.

also, he look EXACTLY like Casey. However, I am noticing that you and Casey kinda look a like because I think there is some of you in there too and its hard to notice at first cause of the similarities between you two. :)

Andrea said...

he is soooo cute!