Monday, January 4, 2010

Suffering with holiday withdrawl!

I am excited for a new year and new adventures but boy am I sad the holiday season is over. Case and I have been super busy partying it up with family and friends and as a result I have been very lax about blogging. I have tons of pics and fun things to share and update but alas I am starting a very busy work week this week so we'll see if any pictures get added.

We were able to spend Thanksgiving in Vegas this year with my entire fam! It's always wonderful to get together with all of my brothers and sisters and their darling families. Case and I had never been to Jeff and Bekah's new place in Henderson and we had not met the newest member of the Martin clan...little miss Lily! Casey is smitten by little Lily! It's impossible not to be. She is so happy ALL THE TIME! She has the most infectious smile and the sparkliest eyes. We had tons of delicious food and a very crazy (to say the least) family photo session. Thanksgiving was wonderful this year! Thanks to my brothers and sisters and the joy they bring into my life!

Casey's sister Cherie had a beautiful baby girl the first week of December. Blakely Pyper Barton is a beauty and such a sweet baby. She is so well behaved and I have enjoyed that precious new baby joy every time I am around her.

Christmas was fabulous this year. It always comes and goes way too fast. Casey surprised me this year and got me a beautiful electric piano. I am in Love! I have been wanting a piano for ages so it was quite an emotional morning for me. I love that man of mine! We spent Christmas Eve and morning at Casey's parents house. We enjoyed watching Maddie and Hailey marveling over Santa and his goodness. We also got to talk to Elder Bacon briefly Christmas morning.

Chris and Melia flew in from Cali on Christmas night and Case and I picked them up from the airport. We enjoyed some sledding and some great food and we got to see Sherlock Holmes (great little flick ;)) We enjoyed some game night time with the old crew. It was nice to catch up with everybody. Blakely was blessed on the Sunday after Christmas. More delicious food and fun family time.

New years eve Case and I went to see Avatar. Its pretty sweet. I loved the effects. I've never seen anything like it. We brought in the new year by watching a little sports center and then straight to bed at about 12:15! We are so exciting!

This post is pretty boring without pictures so I'll try and add them this weekend. Happy New Year to all of you bloggers out there! Enjoy 2010 and all it has in store.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

How fun! You have been busy. It was soo nice to have the holidays to help quickly pass the time. I miss you!

KellySummer said...

we still need to do lunch one of these days. i work 2 seconds from the airport now. if you ever get in around lunch time and want to grab some grub, let me know. only have 2 weeks of work left though...yay!