Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wake Up Call

Do you ever think....."Oh my goodness how did this happen?" Whether it's a messy house, an empty gas tank, a forgotten birthday, or a double chin? It seems like at those moments many of us tend to make excuses or worse than that we shirk all accountability and blame others. I know I do and honestly I am embarrassed. Well lucky for me I had somewhat of a wake up call yesterday. I realized how empowering it can be to know that I have the ability to take responsibility for my actions and become a better me! I can make a difference and I can change. For months now I have been unhappy with my body. I have gained weight simply from being inactive and making poor choices. Guess what? I can fix that! All I need is discipline and motivation and I can get back into shape and back into my skinny jeans! Its seems like common sense but for some reason it had slipped my mind and as a result not only was I unhappy but I was letting outside forces rule my life! It won't be easy in fact I'm sure I'll fall flat on my face many times, but any effort to improve one's life is worth the battle. This concept works with anything we are struggling with. It's pretty amazing what we are capable of once we are willing to take the first step! It's official....the first step has been taken!

9 comments:

get moore outta life said...

Good for you Stace, you motivate me to do the same thing...about my double chin of course!!!!! I miss you, you have the best personality, if ever i need a laugh...go to your blog : 0

LambFam said...

Yea for Stacie. Unfortunately most of us get the double chin wake up call but it really helps with the right attitude. Don't forget that many of us are fighting the battle with you. hehe

Aimee Sommer said...

It is way hard.. I have lost 24.6lbs since october and it sucks. I go up and down every week. Just remember to take it day by day, pound by pound instead of sayin, I need to loose 20lbs say i need to loose three then when you loose those three say I need to loos three more.. then you don't get as discouraged.. and before you know it you will have lost your weight!

Tonya said...

Stacey, you are always beautiful! I see beautiful girls on TV all the time that remind me so much of you (Mandy Moore, Denise Richards..) and I always think 'man I miss Stacey!' We all go through ups and downs in weight, but really it's all about feeling good. We should totally work out together sometime! I can't wait to see you! Let's find time this next week to hang out. I want to come see your house too!

Ashlee said...

Stacey, You are hilarious. I am sure you don't have much to lose. Your attitude is awesome and your litte piece of advice is priceless. It is really true and can be applied to many circumstances. Good Luck with it but I know you are already gorgeous and hot as ever. You always have been. Love ya

Marchelle said...

Positive thinking helps make loads of things look better...and I am definitely in the same boat!!! It sucks so see how thing just seem to slip out of your grasp... Keep us updated on the progress and any tips you might have, you have always been amazingly fit!!

Jacobson Five said...

I need to get to the weight loss thing as well. Don't really feel like I should be wearing panel pants when I am no longer pregnant. I did the Body for LIfe thing before I got pregnant and it really worked for me. Not sure I can do it now while I'm nursing??? We just bought the Wii Fit this weekend, so I'll start with that.

Kendall said...

I thin kyou looked great at christmas, but it really all come down to how you feel. One of my best friends out here, Bonnie, set up a group called smokin hot mama's. She sends out weekly emails that are hilarious and motivating and has a "points" system that is quite good. Her blog is http://shmtotalfitness.blogspot.com. It's definitely worth taking a look at. Good Luck!

Andrea said...

good attitude! and good luck - goals are good!