Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I FOUND IT!!!!



Case and I went to LA to visit Casey's brother's family this weekend. I had a panicked morning on Saturday because I slept through my alarm and missed my flight. I had exactly 30 minutes to shower, pack, and get out the door in order to make the next flight. I was about halfway to the airport when I realized I didn't have my wedding ring. I always take it off when I shower so I just figured I had forgot to put it back on in my rushing. I hated not having it while away but I felt confident it was on the bathroom counter waiting for me.....It was not. When I got home today I decided to take a little nap. I had completely forgotten about my ring. I woke up to Casey calling and needing me to pick him up from work. I hadn't brushed my hair yet for the day so I went to the bathroom to freshen up and realized "oh yeah my ring I should put that back on" I got a bit panicky when it was no where to be found. I tore the bathroom apart looking for it while having nightmares that it had fallen down the drain or I had flushed it down the toilet. I said a little prayer to calm down and did a quick sweep of the house one more time....No Ring! I started bawling and called Casey in hysterics ( He probably thought someone had died) He assured me we would find it and that it would be ok. I had this feeling I should check the bedroom again. I decided I might as well pull all the bedding off just to say I'd been thorough and there it was! Lying under all of the covers in the middle of the bed! How'd it get there? Not a clue. Does anybody else have a story of losing their wedding ring to make me feel better about being such an idiot? If so I'd love to hear about!

7 comments:

Aimee Sommer said...

oh dear this happens to me at least 1 a month. I take it off to sleep and put it on my nightstand and izzy will come in sometime during the day and take it and I freak out. I don't tell nick cause he usually says "aimee if you would just put it in the jewelry cabinet I mad you you wouldn't have this problem." So i pray about search the house up and down and finally find it.. so ya I totally know the feeling.. im sure it won't be the last

Tonya said...

That is the worst! One time I lost my ring. I knew I had it on when we went to church, but when we got home it was gone. I finally figured out that I took it off in the car and set it on my lap to put my lotion on and that's the last time I knew of seeing it. I prayed and prayed and figured that it fell out in the church parking lot. After calling literally about 50 people I found it. I cried so much! ha ha.
Oh and to do the cute backgrounds, go to my blog and on the upper left hand side there's a little blue box you can click on, then when that page comes up click on the left hand side on the link that says backgrounds. Then when you choose your background copy the html and instead of copying it into html (where you'll lose your friends) click on add a widget, then on add html. Let me know if you need any help! I can't wait to see you!

Melia and Christian said...

A week before we got married, Bacon's took a trip to Disneyland (yeah - they are crazy - but you know that!). On our way back we stopped overnight at a hotel. We had to leave really early in the morning, and when I went back in the room to double check we had everything, there was my ring under the sheets in the middle of the bed! It had fallen off sometime during the night. Would have never found it again if I hadn't done the double check!!! And I wasn't even married yet! :) Ask Chris about his lost ring sometime.... thanks for visiting - we love you guys!

Roo'sMama said...

well Ryan lost his ring... but he really lost it! lol! swimming in cold water with a slightly too big ring equals disaster! luckily I have never lost mine b/c my Grandma gave me some great advice... my ring is either in my mouth or on my finger! If I take it off to wash my hands or my hair or put lotion on, whatever, I hold it in my mouth until I put it back on! Trust me, you are not gonna forget it if it's in your mouth! lol!

LambFam said...

That is so scary I hate the feeling when you can't find it. Isn't it nice when a little prayer can calm your fears and give a little inspiration!!

Sally said...

I'll bet I know why that ring made it under all those covers....he he! I'm secretly obessed over not losing my ring so I always leave it home when vacationing and crap! Soooo glad you found it! Meow!

Ryan and Shelia said...

I'll share my story, but it isn't quite as happy as yours. When Megan was 2 (5 years ago!) we went up to work on my in-laws' basement. I took off my ring to help move some drywall. Megan must have found it on the headboard in the bedroom. We search the entire house for hours. They moved out of this house last year and even with everything packed up we still did not find any of the 3 pieces to my ring. You are lucky! Ryan actually got me a new ring for Christmas this year as a surprise.

Also I have made my blog private, so if you would like an invite, e-mail me at ryanandshelia@yahoo.com