Tuesday, October 18, 2011

4 months old!!!


Easton at 4 months:
14 lbs 4 oz
25.5 inches

Easton Loves:
grabbing things and shoving them in his mouth
going from sitting to standing with moms help
assisted sit ups
tummy time
bath time
baby mozart

Easton Hates:
having his nose prodded for boogers
being strapped into the car seat
being hot
waiting for food






Easton is a tall little guy with just the perfect amount of chub! He is growing nicely and is reaching milestones right on track. He has just started entertaining and talking to himself. I can tell he loves the sound of his voice. When he is chilling with his toys he gets really serious and it's almost like he is yelling at his toys. It is hilarious.

He is very social and loves watching people. He gives smiles freely and is laughing much more often now and for longer periods of time. He currently loves to dance in front of the mirror with mom. His favorite song is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider".

Easton went through a two week period of constipation. So horrible for everyone!!!! He was miserable and so were Case and I. After lots of diluted fruit juice, tummy massages, rectal stimulation, and finally several suppositories, our little guy is back on track and pooping all on his own!!! Hooray. (sorry if that is tmi, but I wanted to write it down so I have a record of it)

I was so desperate to help E sleep better that I decided to revisit swaddling (so many of my friends swear by it) I went online and read several articles about swaddling and different techniques. The first time I tried it he fell asleep within 1 minute. Miracle!!!!! It was always such a struggle to get E to sleep and now it's no big deal. He does still wake up more than I would like at night, but he always goes right back to sleep after eating or putting the binki back in. Why oh why did I not figure out swaddling earlier? ;))

We love our little man and cannot believe how much he is changing and growing. He is becoming more adorable everyday. He is our biggest source of entertainment. We love watching him be the silly baby that he is!




2 comments:

KellySummer said...

ah cutie! I was curious and went back and checked out my 4 month post for Ollie. He was the same height as your little buddy (well, 26 inches, but pretty close), but weighed 3 lbs more (17.3). :) I didn't realize we had such a chubbo on our hands at the time.

Sally said...

Stace!!! He is soooo darling!!