Monday, June 6, 2011

Pregnant Diaries

Oh how I am longing to be done with this wonderful phase called pregnancy. It is such an amazing, crazy, and emotional roller coaster! I am so blessed to have had a pretty much textbook perfect pregnancy. Nothing has gone wrong, I didn't have to deal with throwing up, and besides being rather large, I really have felt amazing. All of that being said I am really anxious to be done with it.

I am incredibly emotional right now and every little thing makes me break down and cry. My feet are so puffy and swollen by the end of the night they look like they will pop if touched. I am so achey that everyday normal tasks are rather difficult and I feel like I am a freak show because everywhere I go people stare and give these looks like "you poor pitiful girl". (I have to add that lots of people are actually really sweet and tell me how cute I look and then they rub my belly which actually doesn't really bother me so it's not all bad ;))

I think the worst part and the hardest part for me to admit to is how jealous I am of all of my friends who have already had their babies. We were all due within a few weeks of each other and now their babies are here, healthy and happy, and I am still a beached whale feeling miserable. I know I should be patient and grateful that little man is still growing and developing but man its hard!!!!

I am so excited for this baby boy to get here I am forgetting to relax and enjoy the quiet lazy moments I get to have each day. I know these will be few and far between, if any, when baby gets here. I need to quit wishing away the days and just enjoy every second for the miracle and blessing that being a woman and having this experience is. Baby will come when he's ready and I need to just chill and be ok with whenever that is. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

You do look cute! Good luck! :0) You will be a great mommy!

Jess said...

I love you Stace, and I understand, and I am sorry it took so long! I thought I was going to loose it when my sister in law had her baby before me... And I was supposed to be happy for her! :) Glad he finally made it, and I can't wait to see more pics of him!